Sunday, August 7, 2016

Ramadan

this was back in June

I was in line last night at the grocery store, there was a woman in front of me checking out who was by appearance from the southern Asia area of the world. She was dressed in a simple skirt and blouse.
As she unloaded her cart the cashier noticed her checking her watch and then her phone. He polity asked "running late ma'am?"
She replied that she was simply checking how long till sunset.
As she gathered her bags and my purchases started across the scanner, I said to her "Enjoy breaking your Fast this evening"
She stopped and at first gave me a very confused look. Then she gave a huge smile, a small laugh, and one of the most genuine, happy "thank you's" I have heard.
It was just a small moment in my day but it made both a stranger and myself smile.

No comments: