Saturday, March 25, 2017

a reflection

A reflection.
Many years ago I was asked to preform a wedding. I still do not know why I was asked but I found a place online to do so, and obtained the credentials needed.
Since then I have been called upon a few more times to preform these rites. Each time I am awestruck that of all the possible choices a couple appeared before me as an officiant for their marriage.
Not all have worked out, but I have a special place in my memory for each who has trusted me to administer the vows.
Every time I have been called I have had tears in my eyes. It is a privilege to serve in this function. To play a small part in the dance of life and love.
Each of us will be called to serve in some form or function. Only by answering this call may we find out it's rewards.

No comments: