Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Wedding

Recently I was privileged to be allowed to officiate My Sister in Laws wedding.

this is the ceremony I wrote for them there were a few edits based on what they wanted but overall this is how it went.




Rev: Is there any here who would give any just and lawful reason why this man and woman should not be joined in marriage?


Rev: As there are none we will proceed. Groom, Bride, marriage may be defined as the joining of two things in such a way that they can not be separated one from the other with out irreparable harm to both.  It is not to be entered into lightly nor is it something that should be a convenience.

Here you by your vows will join your future, your lives, and even your very souls before God, Your Family and Your Friends. 

Rev, Bride, is it of free will and love that you come here today to wed this man

Bride: It is.

Rev: Groom,  is it of free will and love that you come here today to wed this woman

Groom: It Is

Rev: Who Gives this Man and Woman to the presence of these wittinesses to be so joined

Bride and Grooms choice: We Do, I do ETC (Together)  part as you write it

Rev: Bride, you will repeat after me the vows and then make such statement of faith and love as you chose.

Bride: This is my love, my faith, and my hope. It is as pure as loves first kiss, and as sweet as any passion. It is enduring as honey, It is as fragile as an orchid. It is Mine and Mine alone. Her and now I pour it for thee that all may know that I give it to you freely. By this I bind my self to you in Victory, as well as in Defeat. In Joy as well as Sorrow, In Health as well in Sickness. In Harvest and in Fast. In Bounty and in Barren. This I vow till Death take me or my world shall end. (makes personal statement then pours the wine into a glass chalice on the altar)

Rev: Groom, you will repeat after me the vows and then make such statement of faith and love as you chose.

Groom:  This is my love, my faith, and my hope. It is as pure as loves first kiss, and as sweet as any passion. It is enduring as honey, It is as fragile as an orchid. It is Mine and Mine alone. Her and now I pour it for thee that all may know that I give it to you freely. By this I bind my self to you,in Victory, as well as in Defeat. In Joy as well as Sorrow, In Health as well in Sickness. In Harvest and in Fast. In Bounty and In Barren This I vow till Death take me or my world shall end. (makes personal statement then pours the wine into a glass chalice on the altar)

Rev: The Rings.



Rev: by this out ward sign of fidelity you shall be known to be a husband or a wife.  The rings are round and have no end. So should be your love. They are made of metal precious to all mankind, so then should be your love. They are given freely and with our reservation so ever should be your love.

Groom: With this Ring I thee Wed


Bride: With this Ring I thee Wed

Rev: Today you have poured out your love, Hope, Faith, and will before these witnesses one and to the other (holding up the glass chalice) and behold all has become as one. This is your lives and that which have been  bound together and may not be separated with our destruction of both parts. Let each of you now partake of this cup of life which you, by your vows,  have formed.



Family, loved ones and Friends, I now Present you with Groom and Bride. Husband and Wife.

Rev: You may kiss

1 comment:

benilhalk said...

This wedding share is heartwarming and full of love as well as affection for the bride. Got emotional on the wedding fixing of my sister too. All set to arrange the engagement party for dear ones. Will definitely go for one of the best event space NYC for a classy celebration. Royal caterers and bakers with party favors are also on hunt.